Man held for wife`s murder in Thane
Thane: A 31-year-old man, along with his
two brothers, has been arrested from Wagle Estate area here for allegedly burning his wife alive for dowry, police said Thursday.
The accused identified as Ashok Dhege and his
brothers--all tempo drivers--used to torture his wife Rekha (29) for bringing Rs 5 lakh for purchase of a new tempo, Assistant Police Inspector G S Shaikh of Shree Nagar police station said.
According to police, Ashok and his brothers Kalyan (35) and Anil (33) on the night of March 14 poured kerosene on the victim and set her ablaze. She succumbed to her injuries at Burns Hospital four days later.
The Shree Nagar police have booked the accused trio under section 302 (murder) of Indian Penal Code (IPC).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video