Man held for wife`s murder in Thane
Thane: A 31-year-old man, along with his
two brothers, has been arrested from Wagle Estate area here for allegedly burning his wife alive for dowry, police said Thursday.
The accused identified as Ashok Dhege and his
brothers--all tempo drivers--used to torture his wife Rekha (29) for bringing Rs 5 lakh for purchase of a new tempo, Assistant Police Inspector G S Shaikh of Shree Nagar police station said.
According to police, Ashok and his brothers Kalyan (35) and Anil (33) on the night of March 14 poured kerosene on the victim and set her ablaze. She succumbed to her injuries at Burns Hospital four days later.
The Shree Nagar police have booked the accused trio under section 302 (murder) of Indian Penal Code (IPC).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis