Man held for wife`s murder in Thane
Thane: A 31-year-old man, along with his
two brothers, has been arrested from Wagle Estate area here for allegedly burning his wife alive for dowry, police said Thursday.
The accused identified as Ashok Dhege and his
brothers--all tempo drivers--used to torture his wife Rekha (29) for bringing Rs 5 lakh for purchase of a new tempo, Assistant Police Inspector G S Shaikh of Shree Nagar police station said.
According to police, Ashok and his brothers Kalyan (35) and Anil (33) on the night of March 14 poured kerosene on the victim and set her ablaze. She succumbed to her injuries at Burns Hospital four days later.
The Shree Nagar police have booked the accused trio under section 302 (murder) of Indian Penal Code (IPC).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical