Man, his father get life term for killing wife in Maharashtra
Akola: A man and his father were sentenced to life imprisonment for killing the former`s wife who refused to give in to their demand for having a sexual relationship with her father-in-law in the neighbouring Washim district.
The fast track court in Washim headed by Judge D K Bhende yesterday awarded life sentence to Shalik Pawar and his father Yadav Pawar in the case.
According to prosecution, on the night of March 26, 2011, Shalik and his mother Pachribai forced his wife to have sexual relationship with her father-in-law Yadav Pawar at their house in Sawargaon Burde village in Washim district of Maharashtra.
When the woman refused to give in to their demand, they beat her up and set her on fire, following which she succumbed to her burns.
Later, an offence under section 302 (murder) was registered against the deceased`s husband, father-in-law, mother-in-law and one other person - Madina Chavan.
While Shalik and his father were arrested and chargesheeted in the case, the deceased`s mother-in-law and another accused are still absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj