Man, his father get life term for killing wife in Maharashtra
Akola: A man and his father were sentenced to life imprisonment for killing the former`s wife who refused to give in to their demand for having a sexual relationship with her father-in-law in the neighbouring Washim district.
The fast track court in Washim headed by Judge D K Bhende yesterday awarded life sentence to Shalik Pawar and his father Yadav Pawar in the case.
According to prosecution, on the night of March 26, 2011, Shalik and his mother Pachribai forced his wife to have sexual relationship with her father-in-law Yadav Pawar at their house in Sawargaon Burde village in Washim district of Maharashtra.
When the woman refused to give in to their demand, they beat her up and set her on fire, following which she succumbed to her burns.
Later, an offence under section 302 (murder) was registered against the deceased`s husband, father-in-law, mother-in-law and one other person - Madina Chavan.
While Shalik and his father were arrested and chargesheeted in the case, the deceased`s mother-in-law and another accused are still absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family