Man, his father get life term for killing wife in Maharashtra
Akola: A man and his father were sentenced to life imprisonment for killing the former`s wife who refused to give in to their demand for having a sexual relationship with her father-in-law in the neighbouring Washim district.
The fast track court in Washim headed by Judge D K Bhende yesterday awarded life sentence to Shalik Pawar and his father Yadav Pawar in the case.
According to prosecution, on the night of March 26, 2011, Shalik and his mother Pachribai forced his wife to have sexual relationship with her father-in-law Yadav Pawar at their house in Sawargaon Burde village in Washim district of Maharashtra.
When the woman refused to give in to their demand, they beat her up and set her on fire, following which she succumbed to her burns.
Later, an offence under section 302 (murder) was registered against the deceased`s husband, father-in-law, mother-in-law and one other person - Madina Chavan.
While Shalik and his father were arrested and chargesheeted in the case, the deceased`s mother-in-law and another accused are still absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days