Man in possession of naxal firearms arrested
Nagpur: A middle-age man, who was found in possession of firearms for naxalites was arrested in Gadchiroli district of Maharashtra, police said on Saturday.
Jairam Kashiram Ghodam (50) was apprehended with weapons from Washitola in Kurkheda Taluka the district in the wee hours yesterday, they said.
Acting on a tip off that Ghodam possessed illegal firearms of naxalites, police raided his house in midnight and seized one 303 rifle, two 12 bore rifles, 56 live rounds of
303 rifles, 33 live cartridges of 12 bore rifles besides a naxal uniform and other material.
He was produced before a local court yesterday and remanded to police custody.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- North Korean dictator Kim Jong-Un bans all weddings, funerals ahead of party congress: Report
- Funny video: Squirrel taunts house cat through glass door – Watch
- L&T Finance terminates over 500 employees citing poor performance
- Illegal mining scam: BJP Karnataka president Yeddyurappa becomes teary-eyed in CBI court
- Adorable! This cute baby goes to bed with his best mate dog – Watch video