Man killed in attack in Thane
Thane: A 32-year-old man died after he was allegedly attacked by a group of people, following an altercation between him and a rickshaw driver over the fare at Jambhulpada in the district, police said Thursday.
The incident took place late last night when the deceased, identified as Bapu Shankar Talwalkar, was returning from Badlapur. Even though he hired a rickshaw there was an argument between the driver named Jaswant and him over the fare, inspector A D Sonawane of the Ambernath police station told.
When the rickshaw came to Jambhulpada at about 1.30 am, the driver got down and left the passenger without informing where he was going. However, when the victim started walking his way home, the driver returned with a bunch of people, who assaulted him with some blunt objects, he said.
The passengers was seriously injured in the attack and rushed to a nearby hospital where he was declared dead on admission, police said.
Police are on a lookout to nab the culprits and further investigation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Manipur HSLC exam result 2016: Manipur Board Class 10 result to be declared shortly, check manresult.nic.in for Manipur Class X result 2016
- Air ambulance with seven people crash lands in Delhi's Najafgarh
- Nehru, Gandhi family responsible for rising rapes in India, says Rajasthan BJP MLA Gyandev Ahuja
- Shocking video: Old woman mercilessly beaten up by her daughter in Delhi
- Chris Gayle: Melbourne Renegades refuse to renew his contract for BBL 6