Man killed in attack in Thane
Thane: A 32-year-old man died after he was allegedly attacked by a group of people, following an altercation between him and a rickshaw driver over the fare at Jambhulpada in the district, police said Thursday.
The incident took place late last night when the deceased, identified as Bapu Shankar Talwalkar, was returning from Badlapur. Even though he hired a rickshaw there was an argument between the driver named Jaswant and him over the fare, inspector A D Sonawane of the Ambernath police station told.
When the rickshaw came to Jambhulpada at about 1.30 am, the driver got down and left the passenger without informing where he was going. However, when the victim started walking his way home, the driver returned with a bunch of people, who assaulted him with some blunt objects, he said.
The passengers was seriously injured in the attack and rushed to a nearby hospital where he was declared dead on admission, police said.
Police are on a lookout to nab the culprits and further investigation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown