Man killed in attack in Thane
Thane: A 32-year-old man died after he was allegedly attacked by a group of people, following an altercation between him and a rickshaw driver over the fare at Jambhulpada in the district, police said Thursday.
The incident took place late last night when the deceased, identified as Bapu Shankar Talwalkar, was returning from Badlapur. Even though he hired a rickshaw there was an argument between the driver named Jaswant and him over the fare, inspector A D Sonawane of the Ambernath police station told.
When the rickshaw came to Jambhulpada at about 1.30 am, the driver got down and left the passenger without informing where he was going. However, when the victim started walking his way home, the driver returned with a bunch of people, who assaulted him with some blunt objects, he said.
The passengers was seriously injured in the attack and rushed to a nearby hospital where he was declared dead on admission, police said.
Police are on a lookout to nab the culprits and further investigation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- Throwback pic! Virat Kohli showcases rockstar avatar, raps in AR Rahman's Chennai studio
- Simple steps to beautify your abode
- As NSG rejects India's membership bid, MEA says 'one country' persistently created procedural hurdles
- I-League: Salgaocar FC, Sporting Clube de Goa withdraw, to be absent from this season's roster
- AAP vs Centre: Home Ministry returns 14 Bills of Delhi govt, Kejriwal targets Modi