Man killed in attack in Thane
Thane: A 32-year-old man died after he was allegedly attacked by a group of people, following an altercation between him and a rickshaw driver over the fare at Jambhulpada in the district, police said Thursday.
The incident took place late last night when the deceased, identified as Bapu Shankar Talwalkar, was returning from Badlapur. Even though he hired a rickshaw there was an argument between the driver named Jaswant and him over the fare, inspector A D Sonawane of the Ambernath police station told.
When the rickshaw came to Jambhulpada at about 1.30 am, the driver got down and left the passenger without informing where he was going. However, when the victim started walking his way home, the driver returned with a bunch of people, who assaulted him with some blunt objects, he said.
The passengers was seriously injured in the attack and rushed to a nearby hospital where he was declared dead on admission, police said.
Police are on a lookout to nab the culprits and further investigation is on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog