Man kills `hysterical` teenage daughter, self
Akola: A 50-year-old man allegedly killed his teenage daughter, who was reportedly suffering from "hysteria", before hanging himself at his house here, police said on Sunday.
Anil Gaikwad, a rickshaw puller, was found hanging to the ceiling whereas his daughter Moni (18) lying dead in their house in Kailas Tekdi area here yesterday by the youngest of his three daughters, they said.
In a suicide note left behind, Gaikwad wrote that he had strangulated Moni to death before killing himself though he did not mention the reason behind taking the extreme step, Khadan police station in-charge Shailesh Sakpal said.
However, sources said Gaikwad was upset with the "mental condition" of Moni who had been pestering him to get herself married. She would walk out of the house in that state of mind and Gaikwad would have to search for her, sources said.
Police suspect the incident might have occurred last night when Gaikwad`s wife walked out of their house following a spat with her husband and Moni.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!