Man kills wife for not conceiving in Maharashtra
Thane: A tribal man allegedly killed his wife as he was miffed with her for not being able to conceive during their 15 years of marriage, police said on Sunday.
The couple, residing in a hut at a farm in Dahanu taluka of Thane district, had frequent quarrels over the issue and because of it they were not on good terms, Dahanu police station Sub-Inspector P G Patil said.
During another quarrel on the issue on late Friday night, Bharat Ladak Bharavi (35) brutally attacked his wife Sangeeta (around 30 years of age) with an axe on her face, stomach and other body parts leading to her death, he said.
The accused then fled from the spot.
Police yesterday registered an offence against Bharat under section 302 (murder) of the IPC.
A manhunt has been launched to nab the accused, police said adding the matter is being probed further.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Research for 'Veerappan' took 15 years: Ram Gopal Varma
- ICSE ISC Results 2016: CISCE.org Board Class 10th (X) & 12th (XII) Result is likely to be declared on May 6, 2016
- Happy flying! Air tickets of 1-hour flights could cost just Rs 2,500
- DHSE Kerala HSC (+2) Result 2016: Keralaresults.nic.in Class 12th Plus two Result 2016 Kerala Board is likely to be declared on May 9, 2016
- Time flies! Emraan Hashmi reminisces four years of 'Jannat 2'