Man sentenced to death for murder of wife, daughter in Thane
Thane: The Vasai sessions court in the district on Thursday sentenced a 35-year-old man to death for the brutal murder of his wife and 18 months old daughter.
Sessions Judge S J Khairnar, while pronouncing the judgement, observed that looking at the brutality involved, and that the victims were a hapless woman and a child, the accused Chandrakant Ahire did not deserve any leniency.
According to prosecutor Ujwala Moholkar, Ahire, who worked as a driver, lived with his wife Sanchita (25) and daughter Vaishnavi at Mhatre Chawl, Billal Pada, in Nalla Sopara town of the Thane district.
He suspected that his wife was having an extra-marital affair.
On July 28, 2011, during a quarrel, he slit her throat with kitchen knife. Then he slit the baby girl`s throat too.
Relying on the circumstantial evidence, the court convicted him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Indian Premier League 9, Qualifier 1: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Gujarat Lions - As it happened...
- Angelina Jolie to teach masters course at London School of Economics!
- Sarbananda Sonowal takes charge as Assam’s first BJP CM, PM Modi attends his swearing-in
- Desperate times, desperate measures! Parineeti Chopra's make-up ain’t gonna stop – See pic
- IPL 9 VIDEO: When Shikhar Dhawan, Yuvraj Singh became Gabbar and taxi driver