Man sentenced to death for murder of wife, daughter in Thane
Thane: The Vasai sessions court in the district on Thursday sentenced a 35-year-old man to death for the brutal murder of his wife and 18 months old daughter.
Sessions Judge S J Khairnar, while pronouncing the judgement, observed that looking at the brutality involved, and that the victims were a hapless woman and a child, the accused Chandrakant Ahire did not deserve any leniency.
According to prosecutor Ujwala Moholkar, Ahire, who worked as a driver, lived with his wife Sanchita (25) and daughter Vaishnavi at Mhatre Chawl, Billal Pada, in Nalla Sopara town of the Thane district.
He suspected that his wife was having an extra-marital affair.
On July 28, 2011, during a quarrel, he slit her throat with kitchen knife. Then he slit the baby girl`s throat too.
Relying on the circumstantial evidence, the court convicted him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion