Man sentenced to death for murder of wife, daughter in Thane
Thane: The Vasai sessions court in the district on Thursday sentenced a 35-year-old man to death for the brutal murder of his wife and 18 months old daughter.
Sessions Judge S J Khairnar, while pronouncing the judgement, observed that looking at the brutality involved, and that the victims were a hapless woman and a child, the accused Chandrakant Ahire did not deserve any leniency.
According to prosecutor Ujwala Moholkar, Ahire, who worked as a driver, lived with his wife Sanchita (25) and daughter Vaishnavi at Mhatre Chawl, Billal Pada, in Nalla Sopara town of the Thane district.
He suspected that his wife was having an extra-marital affair.
On July 28, 2011, during a quarrel, he slit her throat with kitchen knife. Then he slit the baby girl`s throat too.
Relying on the circumstantial evidence, the court convicted him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'