Man sentenced to death for murder of wife, daughter in Thane
Thane: The Vasai sessions court in the district on Thursday sentenced a 35-year-old man to death for the brutal murder of his wife and 18 months old daughter.
Sessions Judge S J Khairnar, while pronouncing the judgement, observed that looking at the brutality involved, and that the victims were a hapless woman and a child, the accused Chandrakant Ahire did not deserve any leniency.
According to prosecutor Ujwala Moholkar, Ahire, who worked as a driver, lived with his wife Sanchita (25) and daughter Vaishnavi at Mhatre Chawl, Billal Pada, in Nalla Sopara town of the Thane district.
He suspected that his wife was having an extra-marital affair.
On July 28, 2011, during a quarrel, he slit her throat with kitchen knife. Then he slit the baby girl`s throat too.
Relying on the circumstantial evidence, the court convicted him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians