Man sentenced to death for murder of wife, daughter in Thane
Thane: The Vasai sessions court in the district on Thursday sentenced a 35-year-old man to death for the brutal murder of his wife and 18 months old daughter.
Sessions Judge S J Khairnar, while pronouncing the judgement, observed that looking at the brutality involved, and that the victims were a hapless woman and a child, the accused Chandrakant Ahire did not deserve any leniency.
According to prosecutor Ujwala Moholkar, Ahire, who worked as a driver, lived with his wife Sanchita (25) and daughter Vaishnavi at Mhatre Chawl, Billal Pada, in Nalla Sopara town of the Thane district.
He suspected that his wife was having an extra-marital affair.
On July 28, 2011, during a quarrel, he slit her throat with kitchen knife. Then he slit the baby girl`s throat too.
Relying on the circumstantial evidence, the court convicted him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on