Man strangles son to death in Thane, arrested
Thane: A 30-year-old brick kiln worker allegedly attacked his six-year-old son with a sickle and then strangled him to death in Bhiwandi here, police said on Thursday.
API D G Gautam of the Bhiwandi taluka police station said that accused Bhagwan Atmaram Jadhav was apprehended in the wee hours today after he attacked his minor son Avinash with a sickle last night leaving him seriously injured.Jadhav then strangled him.According to police, Jadhav was upset after his wife left him a few days ago over frequent quarrels.
The incident came to light when locals in Gane-Tirangapada at Bhiwandi informed the police about the attack on the boy.When police reached the spot, they found the boy dead and his father absconding.
Later, he was traced around 3 AM and arrested.
Police have charged him under section 302 of the IPC and further investigations are being carried out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!