Man strangles son to death in Thane; arrested
Thane: A 30-year-old brick kiln worker allegedly attacked his six-year-old son with a sickle and then strangled him to death in Bhiwandi here, police said today.
API D G Gautam of the Bhiwandi taluka police station said that accused Bhagwan Atmaram Jadhav was apprehended in the wee hours today after he attacked his minor son Avinash with a sickle last night leaving him seriously injured.
Jadhav then strangled him.
According to police, Jadhav was upset after his wife left him a few days ago over frequent quarrels.
The incident came to light when locals in Gane-Tirangapada at Bhiwandi informed the police about the attack on the boy.
When police reached the spot, they found the boy dead and his father absconding.
Later, he was traced around 3 AM and arrested.
Police have charged him under section 302 of the IPC and further investigations are being carried out.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE