Man suspects infidelity; kills estranged wife
Nagpur: Suspecting infidelity, a man killed his estranged wife on Saturday at a busy intersection near Jagnade square in Nandanwan area here, police said.
The incident took place around 7.30 AM when the woman, Ruchita (31) was on her way back home after dropping her son to school, they said.
Laxminarayan Kinkar (35), a petty contractor, allegedly stabbed her and later slit her throat, police said.
Soon after the incident, a mob gathered on the spot and handed over the man to police.
For the last two years, the victim was staying away from her husband with their 10-year-old son Manthan, they said.
According to police, the accused was perturbed over how she was surviving without his support and suspected her of cheating.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen