Man suspects infidelity; kills estranged wife
Nagpur: Suspecting infidelity, a man killed his estranged wife on Saturday at a busy intersection near Jagnade square in Nandanwan area here, police said.
The incident took place around 7.30 AM when the woman, Ruchita (31) was on her way back home after dropping her son to school, they said.
Laxminarayan Kinkar (35), a petty contractor, allegedly stabbed her and later slit her throat, police said.
Soon after the incident, a mob gathered on the spot and handed over the man to police.
For the last two years, the victim was staying away from her husband with their 10-year-old son Manthan, they said.
According to police, the accused was perturbed over how she was surviving without his support and suspected her of cheating.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'