Man suspects infidelity; kills estranged wife
Nagpur: Suspecting infidelity, a man killed his estranged wife on Saturday at a busy intersection near Jagnade square in Nandanwan area here, police said.
The incident took place around 7.30 AM when the woman, Ruchita (31) was on her way back home after dropping her son to school, they said.
Laxminarayan Kinkar (35), a petty contractor, allegedly stabbed her and later slit her throat, police said.
Soon after the incident, a mob gathered on the spot and handed over the man to police.
For the last two years, the victim was staying away from her husband with their 10-year-old son Manthan, they said.
According to police, the accused was perturbed over how she was surviving without his support and suspected her of cheating.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma