Man who stabbed his family to death, arrested from Palgarh
Mumbai: A 40-year-old man, who allegedly
stabbed to death his wife and two children in Virar in
neighbouring Thane district, was arrested on Thursday, police said.
The accused Ganesh Tambe had fled the scene after
stabbing his wife Siddhi (38) and children Shubham (5) and
Saili (10) two days ago.
The bodies were recovered yesterday from their residence
in Bolinj area in Padmavati Nagar in Virar.
Tambe was traced at Palgarh railway station in
neighbouring Thane district, Virar police said.
The incident came to light yesterday when a neighbour
went to Tambe`s house to borrow something. The neighbour saw
the three lying in the living room in a pool of blood.
"A note believed to be written by Tambe was found in
the house. In the note, he stated that he was suffering from
some serious disease. He added that he was worried about what
would happen to his family after his death, and hence he took
this extreme step," police have said yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie