Man who threw chemical on ex-girlfriend gets police custody
Mumbai: A local court on Sunday remanded the owner of a production house, arrested for allegedly throwing a hazardous chemical on his former girlfriend at her residence in Central Mumbai, in police custody till November 16.
Jerrit G John was picked up from Nalasopara in neighbouring Thane district and was handed over to Mumbai Police yesterday.
The court of metropolitan magistrate has sought the medical report of the victim Aryanka Hosbetkar on the next date of hearing.
According to police, John, who owns a production house `No
Nonsense` and has produced-directed television serials, flung the chemical at the 26-year-old physiotherapist, who is also an international cyclist, at her residence at Adarsh Colony in Worli on Wednesday.
Hosbetkar had returned from a cycling expedition in the
morning and was with her friends when John carried out the attack, police said.
The accused dragged Hosbetkar upstairs and allegedly hurled the chemical on her face as her shocked mother and friends watched.
She was later taken to a private hospital where she was
treated and discharged on Thursday.
Hosbetkar had terminated her ten-month-old relationship
with John after she came to know that he was married with a five-year-old son.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CHSE Odisha +2 Result (CHSE result 2016) Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared shortly. Check chseodisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic.in
- PM Narendra Modi silent on scams like Manmohan Singh: Arvind Kejriwal
- French Open 2016: Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic roll on, symmetry for Williams sisters
- Premier League: Jose Mourinho all set to take control at Manchester United
- Zika not a reason to cancel Rio Olympics, says US health official