Man who threw chemical on ex-girlfriend sent to police custody
Mumbai: A local court on Sunday remanded the owner of a production house, arrested for allegedly throwing a hazardous chemical on his former girlfriend at her residence in Central Mumbai, in police custody till November 16.
Jerrit G John was picked up from Nalasopara in neighbouring Thane district and was handed over to Mumbai Police yesterday.
The court of metropolitan magistrate has sought the medical report of the victim Aryanka Hosbetkar on the next date of hearing.
According to police, John, who owns a production house `No Nonsense` and has produced-directed television serials, flung the chemical at the 26-year-old physiotherapist, who is also an international cyclist, at her residence at Adarsh Colony in Worli on Wednesday.
Hosbetkar had returned from a cycling expedition in the morning and was with her friends when John carried out the attack, police said.
The accused dragged Hosbetkar upstairs and allegedly hurled the chemical on her face as her shocked mother and friends watched.
She was later taken to a private hospital where she was treated and discharged on Thursday.
Hosbetkar had terminated her ten-month-old relationship with John after she came to know that he was married with a five-year-old son.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea