Mandira Bedi`s husband questioned over romours about Sea-Link
Mumbai: The Cyber Crime Cell of the Mumbai
police on Saturday questioned actress turned cricket host Mandria
Bedi`s husband Raj Kaushal in connection with the rumour
message about snapping of cables of the Bandra-Worli Sea link.
The police said that they questioned Kaushal about the
rumours that appeared on Kaushal`s profile on social
networking site Twitter asking the motorists to avoid the Sea
Link due to the damage caused to its cables.
According to the complaint lodged by Harihar Iyer,
Assistant Vice President of the Hindustan Construction
Company, (which built the sea-link), the message put on
Kaushal`s profile read as, "Please avoid the Bandra Worli Sea
Link, three supporting cables have just collapsed. Worly sea
face jammed (sic)."
A senior crime branch official said that they questioned
Kaushal as he was the first one to send the message on the
Twitter adding as of now they have registered a complaint
against unknown persons and only after investigations, they
would decide whether or not to book Kaushal under the charges
of Information Technology Act.
Iyer in his statement to the police said that after
rumours about the snapping of cables spread, engineers of
Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation and HCC
inspected the structure and confirmed that the cables were in
place and there was no damage to the structure.
The 5.6 km Bandra-Worli Sea Link opened in June 2009
was built at a cost of Rs 1600 crore and over 35,000 vehicles
use it everyday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow