Manhunt for Mumbai official who assaulted wife
Mumbai: A manhunt has been launched for a top official of the Sales Tax department who allegedly assaulted his wife at their apartment in suburban Borivli, police said on Saturday.
Deepak Sankhe, Deputy Commissioner with Sales Tax department, attacked his wife Shobha (43) with a knife following a heated argument on Thursday night.
Sankhe and Shobha had married after divorcing their respective spouses, according to police.
Their relationship had strained of late and Deepak also did not attend office for the last four days, senior inspector Bhagwan Chate said.
Shobha has a daughter from her first marriage who stays with her grandparents in neighbouring Thane city but had come to her mother`s house due to her college vacation.
Deepak and Shobha were watching television on Thursday night when Deepak, who was under the influence of alcohol, began arguing with Shobha over family issues and attacked her with a knife. Shobha raised an alarm even as Deepak fled from the spot.
The victim lodged an FIR against her husband at Borivali police station. Sankhe was booked under IPC section 326 (voluntarily causing grievous hurt by dangerous weapons or means), police said adding that Shobha was taken to Bhagwati hospital for treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan