Manhunt on for killer as tension prevails in Akola
Akola: Tension continues to prevail in the neighbouring Washim district after the brutal murder of Gajanan alias Pasha Dattuji Walke (40) of Walki-Manjre, allegedly by Shiv Sena`s Washim city chief Kailas Gore and others, police said.
A police manhunt is on to nab prime accused Kailas Gore who is absconding.
His alleged accomplices Maruti Satav, Santosh Gore, Ganesh Ingole and Madhav Chatarkar were arrested in the wee hours of Saturday, after a police dog squad provided a clue, within three hours of the murder.
The deceased Gajanan was openly canvassing for Congress candidate Sharmila Wankhade, at a time when Kailas Gore`s wife Krishna was contesting municipal elections from ward number seven Washim city, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden