Manhunt on for killer as tension prevails in Akola
Akola: Tension continues to prevail in the neighbouring Washim district after the brutal murder of Gajanan alias Pasha Dattuji Walke (40) of Walki-Manjre, allegedly by Shiv Sena`s Washim city chief Kailas Gore and others, police said.
A police manhunt is on to nab prime accused Kailas Gore who is absconding.
His alleged accomplices Maruti Satav, Santosh Gore, Ganesh Ingole and Madhav Chatarkar were arrested in the wee hours of Saturday, after a police dog squad provided a clue, within three hours of the murder.
The deceased Gajanan was openly canvassing for Congress candidate Sharmila Wankhade, at a time when Kailas Gore`s wife Krishna was contesting municipal elections from ward number seven Washim city, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!