Manhunt on for killer as tension prevails in Akola
Akola: Tension continues to prevail in the neighbouring Washim district after the brutal murder of Gajanan alias Pasha Dattuji Walke (40) of Walki-Manjre, allegedly by Shiv Sena`s Washim city chief Kailas Gore and others, police said.
A police manhunt is on to nab prime accused Kailas Gore who is absconding.
His alleged accomplices Maruti Satav, Santosh Gore, Ganesh Ingole and Madhav Chatarkar were arrested in the wee hours of Saturday, after a police dog squad provided a clue, within three hours of the murder.
The deceased Gajanan was openly canvassing for Congress candidate Sharmila Wankhade, at a time when Kailas Gore`s wife Krishna was contesting municipal elections from ward number seven Washim city, sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India