Manhunt on for killer as tension prevails in Akola
Akola: Tension continues to prevail in the neighbouring Washim district after the brutal murder of Gajanan alias Pasha Dattuji Walke (40) of Walki-Manjre, allegedly by Shiv Sena`s Washim city chief Kailas Gore and others, police said.
A police manhunt is on to nab prime accused Kailas Gore who is absconding.
His alleged accomplices Maruti Satav, Santosh Gore, Ganesh Ingole and Madhav Chatarkar were arrested in the wee hours of Saturday, after a police dog squad provided a clue, within three hours of the murder.
The deceased Gajanan was openly canvassing for Congress candidate Sharmila Wankhade, at a time when Kailas Gore`s wife Krishna was contesting municipal elections from ward number seven Washim city, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof