Manhunt on for killer as tension prevails in Akola
Akola: Tension continues to prevail in the neighbouring Washim district after the brutal murder of Gajanan alias Pasha Dattuji Walke (40) of Walki-Manjre, allegedly by Shiv Sena`s Washim city chief Kailas Gore and others, police said.
A police manhunt is on to nab prime accused Kailas Gore who is absconding.
His alleged accomplices Maruti Satav, Santosh Gore, Ganesh Ingole and Madhav Chatarkar were arrested in the wee hours of Saturday, after a police dog squad provided a clue, within three hours of the murder.
The deceased Gajanan was openly canvassing for Congress candidate Sharmila Wankhade, at a time when Kailas Gore`s wife Krishna was contesting municipal elections from ward number seven Washim city, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16