Manhunt on to nab culprits behind double murders
Thane: Senior police officials have begun investigations and a manhunt has been launched after the Thane district rural police found bodies of a couple in a drain Tuesday afternoon, the police said.
Police inspector K S Hegaje of the Manikpur police station of Vasai region told today that their bodies were found floating in a drain on the road between Manikpur and Nallasopara, near the Sun City complex.
One body was of a male aged around 22 years who was strangulated to death and while the other was of a girl aged around 21, who was killed by inflicating wounds on her neck, the police said.
The police is trying to establish their identities and the motive behind their murders.
Manickpur police station house officer said that their bodies have been sent for postmortem and an offence under Section 302 of the Indian Penal Code has also been registered as these are clear cut cases of murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon