Manhunt on to nab culprits behind double murders
Thane: Senior police officials have begun investigations and a manhunt has been launched after the Thane district rural police found bodies of a couple in a drain Tuesday afternoon, the police said.
Police inspector K S Hegaje of the Manikpur police station of Vasai region told today that their bodies were found floating in a drain on the road between Manikpur and Nallasopara, near the Sun City complex.
One body was of a male aged around 22 years who was strangulated to death and while the other was of a girl aged around 21, who was killed by inflicating wounds on her neck, the police said.
The police is trying to establish their identities and the motive behind their murders.
Manickpur police station house officer said that their bodies have been sent for postmortem and an offence under Section 302 of the Indian Penal Code has also been registered as these are clear cut cases of murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Do not intervene in South China Sea dispute: China tells Japan
- Nepal PM KP Sharma Oli steps down
- Centuries-old fair symbolising maize blossom begins in Himachal
- 2016 Olympics: Russia escape blanket ban, but IOC bars whistle-blower from Rio Games
- Pakistan Daily calls Nawaz Sharif's statement on Kashmir 'wishful thinking and unrealistic'