Manohar Joshi meets Uddhav Thackeray
Mumbai: Beleaguered Shiv Sena leader Manohar Joshi, who was booed off the dais by his party`s supporters at a Dussehra rally last month, Sunday called on party chief Uddhav Thackeray at his residence.
"I met Uddhavji to greet him on the occasion of Diwali," Joshi told reporters outside `Matoshree` in suburban Bandra here today.
"Since there were a number of party workers who had come to greet, I could not talk extensively with Uddhavji. A comprehensive discussion with him will take place some other day. The Shiv Sena chief will give time for the next meeting," he said.
The Shiv sainiks had heckled Joshi at the Dussehra rally as they were annoyed with his utterances against Uddhav Thackeray`s leadership style. After Joshi was booed off the stage, Uddhav had said during the rally that he would not fall prey to any pressure tactics.
Meanwhile, Republican Party of India (RPI) chief Ramdas Athawale also met Thackeray at his residence
"Uddhavji said that he has been discussing with the senior BJP leaders about allotting the Rajya Sabha seat to me. He has promised me that he will allot Rajya Sabha seat from the Shiv Sena or BJP quota," Athawale said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC