Mantralaya fire: 4 police teams formed for probe
Mumbai: Police have formed four teams to probe the fire at Maharashtra Mantrayala, which claimed five lives, to ascertain if it was an accident or a case of sabotage, police said.
Statements of 15 persons in this connection were also recorded today, they added.
Four police teams, who would act under the supervision of Deputy Police Commissioner (Crime Branch) Ambadas Pote, have been formed.
These teams, consisting of about 40 police personnel, including an Assistant Police Commissioner and senior inspectors, will carry out the probe to ascertain if it was a case of sabotage or an accident, a Crime Branch official said.
Forensic teams and policemen have inspected the fourth and fifth floor of the Mantralaya, devastated after the fire, police said adding that sixth and seventh floor were not in a condition to be inspected.
Investigators are seeking the CCTV image data from the hard disk, police said adding that CCTV cameras placed on fifth and sixth floors were badly damaged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials