Mantralaya fire: 4 police teams formed for probe
Mumbai: Police have formed four teams to probe the fire at Maharashtra Mantrayala, which claimed five lives, to ascertain if it was an accident or a case of sabotage, police said.
Statements of 15 persons in this connection were also recorded today, they added.
Four police teams, who would act under the supervision of Deputy Police Commissioner (Crime Branch) Ambadas Pote, have been formed.
These teams, consisting of about 40 police personnel, including an Assistant Police Commissioner and senior inspectors, will carry out the probe to ascertain if it was a case of sabotage or an accident, a Crime Branch official said.
Forensic teams and policemen have inspected the fourth and fifth floor of the Mantralaya, devastated after the fire, police said adding that sixth and seventh floor were not in a condition to be inspected.
Investigators are seeking the CCTV image data from the hard disk, police said adding that CCTV cameras placed on fifth and sixth floors were badly damaged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far