Mantralaya fire: BJP targets Ajit Pawar
Mumbai: Targetting Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar over the devastating fire at Mantralaya, the BJP on Monday said the incident exposed state government`s "inefficiency".
"Ajit Pawar, who went down alone with the police personnel, should have asked the people in his cabin to vacate the room immediately, as soon as he was informed about the fire," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said in a press conference.
He also lashed out at the top leaders of the Congress-NCP alliance for "mudslinging" at each other.
"Pawar had raised suspicion over the fire not affecting Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan`s cabin. Similarly, PWD Minister Chhagan Bhujbal targetted Chavan," Javadekar said.
The BJP leader also raised doubts over the efficiency of the disaster management cell.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand