Mantralaya fire: BJP targets Ajit Pawar
Mumbai: Targetting Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar over the devastating fire at Mantralaya, the BJP on Monday said the incident exposed state government`s "inefficiency".
"Ajit Pawar, who went down alone with the police personnel, should have asked the people in his cabin to vacate the room immediately, as soon as he was informed about the fire," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said in a press conference.
He also lashed out at the top leaders of the Congress-NCP alliance for "mudslinging" at each other.
"Pawar had raised suspicion over the fire not affecting Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan`s cabin. Similarly, PWD Minister Chhagan Bhujbal targetted Chavan," Javadekar said.
The BJP leader also raised doubts over the efficiency of the disaster management cell.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje