Mantralaya fire: Structural audit, ban on visitors announced
Mumbai: Efforts on seeking information about structural audit of the Mantralaya building, where a massive blaze gutted several offices on Thursday, will take place tomorrow morning, Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan said.
"Tomorrow, no visitor will be allowed in Mantralaya," Chavan told reporters here this evening.
Altogether 16 persons were injured in the incident, he said, adding that "there are no reports of anyone being killed in today`s incident. No one was found trapped in any of the 14 lifts in the building".
"Video recording of the entire buildings will take place. Senior officials, including secretaries, will inspect the damage," the chief minister said.
No official work will be carried out in Mantralaya tomorrow, and all meetings scheduled have been cancelled, he said.
Some ministry offices that were damaged in the fire will be shifted to Vidhan Bhawan and Sahyadri Guest House or the Mantralaya annexe, he said.
"Tomorrow, the offices will be open. Saturday and Sunday being holidays, officials will be called as per requirement," he said.
The "orderly" evacuation of thousands of people from the building could be attributed to the fire drill that takes place in Mantralaya on second Saturday of every month, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!