Mantralaya fire: Structural audit, ban on visitors announced
Mumbai: Efforts on seeking information about structural audit of the Mantralaya building, where a massive blaze gutted several offices on Thursday, will take place tomorrow morning, Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan said.
"Tomorrow, no visitor will be allowed in Mantralaya," Chavan told reporters here this evening.
Altogether 16 persons were injured in the incident, he said, adding that "there are no reports of anyone being killed in today`s incident. No one was found trapped in any of the 14 lifts in the building".
"Video recording of the entire buildings will take place. Senior officials, including secretaries, will inspect the damage," the chief minister said.
No official work will be carried out in Mantralaya tomorrow, and all meetings scheduled have been cancelled, he said.
Some ministry offices that were damaged in the fire will be shifted to Vidhan Bhawan and Sahyadri Guest House or the Mantralaya annexe, he said.
"Tomorrow, the offices will be open. Saturday and Sunday being holidays, officials will be called as per requirement," he said.
The "orderly" evacuation of thousands of people from the building could be attributed to the fire drill that takes place in Mantralaya on second Saturday of every month, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble