Mantralaya makeover not under slum rehab scheme: Bhujbal
Mumbai: The Mantralaya makeover plan
prepared by the public works department has not been made
under the slum rehabilitation scheme, Deputy Chief Minister
Chhagan Bhujbal said here today.
"The makeover plan has not been made under SRA,"
Bhujbal told reporters here tonight, after Maharashtra
Legislative Assembly today saw noisy scenes and two
adjournments amid uproar by Opposition Shiv Sena-BJP on the
The saffron allies had demanded a statement from Chief
Minister Ashok Chavan over the Mantralaya makeover project.
The Mantralaya makeover project was prepared by the
PWD, to be implemented with private participation, Bhujbal
Raja Aederi, the architect who prepared the plan for
approval by the Central Environment department under the CRZ
norms, has mentioned Section 33(10) of the slum rehab scheme
but the reference pertains to around 200 slums in Cuffe Parade
area, he said.
- Pakistan knew about Osama bin Laden's Abbottabad hideout: Hillary Clinton
- Hema Malini, Dharmendra celebrate 36 years of marriage – See pics
- PM Narendra Modi may quash MPs' dreams of 100% salary hike - Know why
- Who’s the ‘Secret Superstar’ in Aamir Khan’s next film?
- Know Vijay Mallya's Rajya Sabha journey