Mantralaya makeover not under slum rehab scheme: Bhujbal
Mumbai: The Mantralaya makeover plan
prepared by the public works department has not been made
under the slum rehabilitation scheme, Deputy Chief Minister
Chhagan Bhujbal said here today.
"The makeover plan has not been made under SRA,"
Bhujbal told reporters here tonight, after Maharashtra
Legislative Assembly today saw noisy scenes and two
adjournments amid uproar by Opposition Shiv Sena-BJP on the
The saffron allies had demanded a statement from Chief
Minister Ashok Chavan over the Mantralaya makeover project.
The Mantralaya makeover project was prepared by the
PWD, to be implemented with private participation, Bhujbal
Raja Aederi, the architect who prepared the plan for
approval by the Central Environment department under the CRZ
norms, has mentioned Section 33(10) of the slum rehab scheme
but the reference pertains to around 200 slums in Cuffe Parade
area, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing