Mantralaya renovation after confirmation of safety
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan today said renovation of the fire-ravaged state secretariat building will start after the safety of the top floors is established.
"We are looking at a new proposal regarding safety norms. The renovation can be done with minor modifications," Chavan told reporters here.
He said according to the visual structural audit of the building, it was safe.
"Now we are awaiting the non-destructive testing report," he said.
The departments shifted to other buildings, including those in the GT hospital complex, the MTNL and PWD buildings, would be kept for office use, but the offices at the World Trade Centre would be shifted after sometime, he said.
When asked about file reconstruction in the departments held by him post the Mantralaya fire, Chavan said 100-250 files are being generated on a daily basis.
"Files in the urban development department relating to MHADA, CIDCO and MMRDA are safe," he informed.
To a poser on if he was satisfied with the presentation made last night that irrigation potential had increased by 5.17 per cent in the last decade, the Chief Minister said he had asked the department to make a factual assessment.
"The earlier figure that only 0.1 per cent land had been brought under irrigation in the last ten years was shocking," he said.
Planning, revenue, agriculture and water resources departments will co-ordinate and prepare a detailed report on the status of irrigation in the state, he added.
Asked whether he was satisfied with the presentation on irrigation made last night that irrigation potential in the state had increased by 5.17 per cent in the last decade, Chavan said he had asked the department concerned to make a factual assessment.
"The earlier figure that only 0.1 per cent land had been brought under irrigation in the last ten years was shocking."
Planning, Revenue, Agriculture and Water Resources departments will co-ordinate and prepare a detailed report on the status of irrigation in the state, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest