Mantralaya renovation after confirmation of safety
Mumbai: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan today said renovation of the fire-ravaged state secretariat building will start after the safety of the top floors is established.
"We are looking at a new proposal regarding safety norms. The renovation can be done with minor modifications," Chavan told reporters here.
He said according to the visual structural audit of the building, it was safe.
"Now we are awaiting the non-destructive testing report," he said.
The departments shifted to other buildings, including those in the GT hospital complex, the MTNL and PWD buildings, would be kept for office use, but the offices at the World Trade Centre would be shifted after sometime, he said.
When asked about file reconstruction in the departments held by him post the Mantralaya fire, Chavan said 100-250 files are being generated on a daily basis.
"Files in the urban development department relating to MHADA, CIDCO and MMRDA are safe," he informed.
To a poser on if he was satisfied with the presentation made last night that irrigation potential had increased by 5.17 per cent in the last decade, the Chief Minister said he had asked the department to make a factual assessment.
"The earlier figure that only 0.1 per cent land had been brought under irrigation in the last ten years was shocking," he said.
Planning, revenue, agriculture and water resources departments will co-ordinate and prepare a detailed report on the status of irrigation in the state, he added.
Asked whether he was satisfied with the presentation on irrigation made last night that irrigation potential in the state had increased by 5.17 per cent in the last decade, Chavan said he had asked the department concerned to make a factual assessment.
"The earlier figure that only 0.1 per cent land had been brought under irrigation in the last ten years was shocking."
Planning, Revenue, Agriculture and Water Resources departments will co-ordinate and prepare a detailed report on the status of irrigation in the state, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital