Many Maha ministers eager to join BJP: Devendra Fadnavis
Mumbai: Many ministers and legislators in the Congress-NCP government in Maharashtra are eager to join the BJP, party`s state unit president Devendra Fadnavis said here on Monday.
"Many ministers, legislators and front ranking state leaders in Congress-NCP are willing to join BJP. However, only those who are willing to work for people and national interest will be admitted," Fadnavis told reporters here.
He was speaking at the city BJP office in Dadar after former NCP legislator Manda Mhatre joined BJP with her supporters.
"Many ministers and legislators of Congress-NCP have contacted us on phone. But our doors are open only for those who are acceptable to people. We have applied that filter," Fadnavis said.
In the period before the Assembly polls which are four months away, "we will give several shocks to the ruling alliance. Many important leaders will join BJP."
"Like in Lok Sabha polls, in Assembly polls also there will be a transformation in the state. We have decided to admit good people from all walks of life to BJP," he said.
Leader of opposition in Legislative Council Vinod Tawde said "many leaders of Congress and NCP have contacted us, so we have a chance to choose. We will give scope to those who have the ability to contribute to Maharashtra`s development."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Original seeds of monster black holes detected, claim astronomers
- OnePlus to launch Loop VR headset this summer
- Wishes galore! Look what Bollywood has to say on Karan Johar's 44th birthday
- Controversial BJP MLA targets Nehru-Gandhi family, asks govt to bring down statues named after them
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, Mi 5 goes out of stock within minutes of open sale