Many Maha ministers eager to join BJP: Devendra Fadnavis
Mumbai: Many ministers and legislators in the Congress-NCP government in Maharashtra are eager to join the BJP, party`s state unit president Devendra Fadnavis said here on Monday.
"Many ministers, legislators and front ranking state leaders in Congress-NCP are willing to join BJP. However, only those who are willing to work for people and national interest will be admitted," Fadnavis told reporters here.
He was speaking at the city BJP office in Dadar after former NCP legislator Manda Mhatre joined BJP with her supporters.
"Many ministers and legislators of Congress-NCP have contacted us on phone. But our doors are open only for those who are acceptable to people. We have applied that filter," Fadnavis said.
In the period before the Assembly polls which are four months away, "we will give several shocks to the ruling alliance. Many important leaders will join BJP."
"Like in Lok Sabha polls, in Assembly polls also there will be a transformation in the state. We have decided to admit good people from all walks of life to BJP," he said.
Leader of opposition in Legislative Council Vinod Tawde said "many leaders of Congress and NCP have contacted us, so we have a chance to choose. We will give scope to those who have the ability to contribute to Maharashtra`s development."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi