Maoists release abducted village heads
Gadchiroli: Maoists on Monday released two of the three public representatives abducted on Saturday.
The village heads (sarpanch) Jawaharlal Ledhiya from Murumgaon and Murari Halami from Pannemara were set free on Murumgaon-Sawargaon road early today, villagers said.
However, they appeared to be under tremendous pressure and were in no mood to speak to anybody, they said.
The whereabouts of the third hostage Meatarsing Usendi , former Dy Chairman of Dhanora Panchayat Samiti who too was abducted by the Maoists were still not known.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year