Maoists release abducted village heads
Gadchiroli: Maoists on Monday released two of the three public representatives abducted on Saturday.
The village heads (sarpanch) Jawaharlal Ledhiya from Murumgaon and Murari Halami from Pannemara were set free on Murumgaon-Sawargaon road early today, villagers said.
However, they appeared to be under tremendous pressure and were in no mood to speak to anybody, they said.
The whereabouts of the third hostage Meatarsing Usendi , former Dy Chairman of Dhanora Panchayat Samiti who too was abducted by the Maoists were still not known.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!