Maoists release abducted village heads
Gadchiroli: Maoists on Monday released two of the three public representatives abducted on Saturday.
The village heads (sarpanch) Jawaharlal Ledhiya from Murumgaon and Murari Halami from Pannemara were set free on Murumgaon-Sawargaon road early today, villagers said.
However, they appeared to be under tremendous pressure and were in no mood to speak to anybody, they said.
The whereabouts of the third hostage Meatarsing Usendi , former Dy Chairman of Dhanora Panchayat Samiti who too was abducted by the Maoists were still not known.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet