Maoists release abducted village heads
Gadchiroli: Maoists on Monday released two of the three public representatives abducted on Saturday.
The village heads (sarpanch) Jawaharlal Ledhiya from Murumgaon and Murari Halami from Pannemara were set free on Murumgaon-Sawargaon road early today, villagers said.
However, they appeared to be under tremendous pressure and were in no mood to speak to anybody, they said.
The whereabouts of the third hostage Meatarsing Usendi , former Dy Chairman of Dhanora Panchayat Samiti who too was abducted by the Maoists were still not known.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Delhi horror: Pedophile held for sexually assaulting 600 girls
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre