Maoists release abducted village heads
Gadchiroli: Maoists on Monday released two of the three public representatives abducted on Saturday.
The village heads (sarpanch) Jawaharlal Ledhiya from Murumgaon and Murari Halami from Pannemara were set free on Murumgaon-Sawargaon road early today, villagers said.
However, they appeared to be under tremendous pressure and were in no mood to speak to anybody, they said.
The whereabouts of the third hostage Meatarsing Usendi , former Dy Chairman of Dhanora Panchayat Samiti who too was abducted by the Maoists were still not known.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US
- One billion iPhones have been sold: Apple CEO Tim Cook
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death
- Leigh Griffiths puts struggling Celtic in Champions League driving seat