Married woman stabbed to death in flat in Mumbai
Mumbai: An unidentified man barged into the residence of a 35-year-old married woman and stabbed her to death, police said Wednesday.
The man also set her house on fire on Tuesday afternoon in suburban Mankhurd to make it look like an accident or a case of suicide, they said.
After the assailant fled by bolting the door from outside, neighbours saw smoke billowing out of the fifth floor flat and informed the police, who rushed the woman, Sufiya Khan, to Rajawadi Hospital where she died today.
Police suspect a love angle in the murder of Sufiya, whose second husband is abroad for the past two months. The deceased was living with her 10-year-old son, who was out at the time of the incident.
According to police, Sufiya married an autorickshaw driver from Bainganwadi area 13 years ago and had two sons from him. The couple separated due to marital discord.
She later married a cable operator from the locality and moved into the house he had rented. Sufiya had been living alone for the past few months as her second husband had gone to the Gulf for business purpose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31