Mastermind of burglary at MLA`s house arrested
Yavatmal: Police have arrested Pratap Udaysingh Solanki (35), the alleged mastermind behind the burglary at the house of Shiv Sena MLA Sanjay Rathod at Digras in January.
A Yavatmal police team headed by Inspector Nilesh Brahmane nabbed Solanki on Saturday night from Vidisha, Madhya Pradesh.
Police also recovered a Maruti Swift car used in the crime.
On February 08, police had arrested three persons in the case. On Friday, police arrested Solanki`s brother-in-law Avinash Chauhan (22) from Nagpur railway station, whose questioning led to Solanki`s arrest.
Both Solanki and Chauhan hail from Anandpur, Vidisha.
The gang had allegedly murdered the watchman at the MLA`s bungalow before breaking in.
Police have invoked the stringent Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt