Mastermind of MBA entrance test racket held: Mumbai Police
Mumbai: City police on Monday claimed to have arrested the mastermind of an MBA entrance test racket, which was busted in the month of May, taking the total number of arrests in the case to eight.
Arrested accused, identified as Vikas Bansal (34), was picked up from Delhi by the BKC Cyber police yesterday.
Bansal was produced in the court today which remanded him in police custody till July 22, BKC Cyber police Senior Inspector Nandkumar More said.
Earlier in May, police arrested seven persons, including one Alok Kumar, a B-Tech graduate, who cleared the Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) entrance test several times by impersonating real applicants.
About 87 students cleared NMIMS Management Aptitude Test (NMAT) for the MBA batch of 2013 taking the gangs help, police said, adding that about 22 students cleared the test through fraudulent practices and got admissions in 2011.
The gang charged Rs 15 lakh per student, they said.
In April, the institute complained to cops about possible fraudulent practices being carried during online tests for NMAT 2013.
During the course of the investigation, cops had caught seven accused who used to charge Rs 15 lakh per student to ensure that they clear the NMAT test.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- Did you know? India's first bullet train will run under water
- Selfie time! Alia Bhatt freezes frame with Shah Rukh Khan and Gauri Shinde's team – Pic inside
- If Priyanka Gandhi takes charge of Congress then BJP will face tough challenge: Ramdev
- 'Jai Hind' – this is how Air India will wish passengers now!
- Government vows to crack down on super-rich tax evaders