May shift Jundal to Navi Mumbai jail: Authorities
Mumbai: Authorities on Tuesday told the special MCOCA court that they are contemplating shifting the suspected LeT operative and key plotter of 26/11 terror strikes Abu Jundal from Arthur Road jail here to a facility at Taloja in Navi Mumbai.
"The Arthur Road Jail officials told the court that they are contemplating to shift Jundal to Taloja jail but the decision will be taken in couple of days", Jundal`s lawyer Ejaz Naqvi said without elaborating.
Jundal has been tried by the special Maharashtra Control of Organised Crimes Act (MCOCA) court in connection with the 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case.
Jundal, who has been lodged at the Arthur Road Prison here, has written a letter threatening to go on a hunger strike if he is not taken out of solitary confinement.
The letter was submitted to the court yesterday by the jail authorities. The suspected LeT operative is one of the 22 accused in the arms haul case wherein the Maharashtra ATS team had seized 30 kg RDX, 10 AK-47 assault rifles and 3,200 bullets on May 8, 2006 from three persons after chasing a Tata Sumo and an Indica car on Chandwad-Manmad highway near Aurangabad.
The Indica was allegedly driven by Jundal who managed to give police the slip at that time.
According to the prosecution, Jundal then drove to Malegaon and handed over the vehicle to an acquaintance before escaping to Pakistan via Bangladesh on a fake passport in May 2006.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared