Mayor writes to PM after invitation card excluded his name
Mumbai: Disappointed at not being invited to the inaugural function of Terminal 2 of Mumbai international airport by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday, Mumbai mayor Sunil Prabhu wrote to the PM saying it was "great insult" to him and Mumbaikars.
Prabhu wrote to the PM that not printing the mayor`s name on the invitation card sent out for T2`s inaugural function was a "great insult" to him, as well as Mumbaikars.
"On behalf of all Mumbaikars, I would like to invite your kind attention to avoid incidents like insulting the Mayor of Mumbai," Prabhu said in his letter to the Prime Minister.
"As per protocol, it is a practise to invite the mayor of Mumbai to welcome and see off VVIPs and foreign dignitaries at airports as well as attend inaugural functions," he said.
His letter urged that the mayor be assigned a position alongwith a state cabinet minister, during such functions.
"To my utter surprise, I noticed that the name of the mayor of this city (Mumbai) was not printed on the invitation card of the inaugural function, which in my opinion, is indeed a great insult to the position of the mayor, as well as to Mumbaikars," his letter said.
- President's Rule to continue in Uttarakhand, next hearing in SC on May 3
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part II
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part III
- Panel discussion on AgustaWestland chopper scam and Sonia Gandhi's role - Part IV
- Kabir Khan's message to the media after being 'heckled in Pakistan' is epic!
- Subrata Roy's health deteriorating in jail, can't survive another summer: Sahara tells SC
- BJP doing 'gundagardi' in name of making people say 'Bharat Mata ki Jai', says Arvind Kejriwal
- Sheena Bora murder: Indrani, Peter Mukerjea's custody extended till May 9
- Sushmita Sen - mother of two daughters - talks about her sexiest mantra