Mayor`s election: NCP, Cong, Sena candidates file nominations
Pune: Women candidates from Nationalist Congress Party (NCP), Congress and Shiv Sena filed their nominations for the post of mayor on the last day of filing nominations on Saturday.
Chanchala Kodre from NCP, Sonam Zende from Shiv Sena and Lakshmi Ghodke from Congress filed nominations on Saturday. While Kodre’s name was being declared as NCP candidate, MLC Anil Bhosale, MP for Rajya Sabha Vandana Chavan, MLA Bapu Pathare and MLC Jaydeo Gaikwad were present.
There were as many as seven candidates vying for the post of mayor after Vaishali Bankar resigned on August 12. The elections are scheduled to be held on September 5. Meanwhile, municipal secretary Sunil Pakhe has sent a proposal to Pune divisional municipal commissioner to conduct election for the deputy mayor’s post on September 10.
The last date to file nominations for the post would be September 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Soon, Skype will not run on these Windows, Android phones
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate