Mayor`s election: NCP, Cong, Sena candidates file nominations
Pune: Women candidates from Nationalist Congress Party (NCP), Congress and Shiv Sena filed their nominations for the post of mayor on the last day of filing nominations on Saturday.
Chanchala Kodre from NCP, Sonam Zende from Shiv Sena and Lakshmi Ghodke from Congress filed nominations on Saturday. While Kodre’s name was being declared as NCP candidate, MLC Anil Bhosale, MP for Rajya Sabha Vandana Chavan, MLA Bapu Pathare and MLC Jaydeo Gaikwad were present.
There were as many as seven candidates vying for the post of mayor after Vaishali Bankar resigned on August 12. The elections are scheduled to be held on September 5. Meanwhile, municipal secretary Sunil Pakhe has sent a proposal to Pune divisional municipal commissioner to conduct election for the deputy mayor’s post on September 10.
The last date to file nominations for the post would be September 6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Christian group claims that the world will be 'annihilated' today!