MBA admissions without CET to fill 15,000 vacant seats in Mah
Mumbai: Maharashtra government has decided to give an opportunity to graduates from any faculty to take admission in 15,000 vacant MBA seats in the state on the basis
of their marks.
The decision was taken recently by Higher and Technical Education department enabling students from any faculty to take admission in the MBA course based on their marks, without appearing for the mandatory Common Entrance Test (CET).
"This is a student-centric decision and they should take benefit from the educational facilities provided to them in the state," Higher and Technical Education Minister, Rajesh
There are over 40,000 MBA seats in Maharashtra. Despite CET and four rounds of Common Admission Process (CAP) about 15,000 seats remained vacant this academic year. The Directorate of Technical Education has issued a notification in this regard which says that priority would remain for students clearing CET for MBA course admissions.
However, the government is giving an opportunity to other students only to fill up the vacant seats, it said. The notification also clearly says that no injustice should be done with students while implementing the decision; else action would be taken by the government against institutions and organisations. Even the admission process has been extended till September 25 for students seeking to enter MBA course.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know