MBA student leaps to death in Mumbai
Mumbai: An MBA student allegedly committed suicide by jumping off the sixth-floor of a building in suburban Santacruz, apparently after her family asked to sever ties with her boyfriend whom she secretly married in a temple, police said on Monday.
According to police, the 24-year-old Sonal Bagade had left a suicide note written in Marathi yesterday for her mother and relatives in which she had apologised for being unable to live up to their expectations.
An accidental death case has been registered as family did not suspect any foul play, a police officer from Vakola police station said.
"At around 9 am, Sonal`s mother who works as a nurse in a private hospital had gone to work. Soon after she jumped off the balcony on the sixth floor of Shree Samarth building.
She was rushed to the VN Desai Hospital, where she was declared brought dead," the officer added.
According to police, Sonal had married a youth belonging to a different community, in a temple a few months ago.
Her mother turned furious when she learnt about the secret wedding and asked Sonal to cut off ties with her boyfriend.
"This might have led her to end her life," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'