MBA student leaps to death in Mumbai
Mumbai: An MBA student allegedly committed suicide by jumping off the sixth-floor of a building in suburban Santacruz, apparently after her family asked to sever ties with her boyfriend whom she secretly married in a temple, police said on Monday.
According to police, the 24-year-old Sonal Bagade had left a suicide note written in Marathi yesterday for her mother and relatives in which she had apologised for being unable to live up to their expectations.
An accidental death case has been registered as family did not suspect any foul play, a police officer from Vakola police station said.
"At around 9 am, Sonal`s mother who works as a nurse in a private hospital had gone to work. Soon after she jumped off the balcony on the sixth floor of Shree Samarth building.
She was rushed to the VN Desai Hospital, where she was declared brought dead," the officer added.
According to police, Sonal had married a youth belonging to a different community, in a temple a few months ago.
Her mother turned furious when she learnt about the secret wedding and asked Sonal to cut off ties with her boyfriend.
"This might have led her to end her life," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley