MBA student leaps to death in Mumbai
Mumbai: An MBA student allegedly committed suicide by jumping off the sixth-floor of a building in suburban Santacruz, apparently after her family asked to sever ties with her boyfriend whom she secretly married in a temple, police said on Monday.
According to police, the 24-year-old Sonal Bagade had left a suicide note written in Marathi yesterday for her mother and relatives in which she had apologised for being unable to live up to their expectations.
An accidental death case has been registered as family did not suspect any foul play, a police officer from Vakola police station said.
"At around 9 am, Sonal`s mother who works as a nurse in a private hospital had gone to work. Soon after she jumped off the balcony on the sixth floor of Shree Samarth building.
She was rushed to the VN Desai Hospital, where she was declared brought dead," the officer added.
According to police, Sonal had married a youth belonging to a different community, in a temple a few months ago.
Her mother turned furious when she learnt about the secret wedding and asked Sonal to cut off ties with her boyfriend.
"This might have led her to end her life," the officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?