MCGM seeks explanation from MMRDA on water pipeline burst
Mumbai: Municipal Corporation of Greater
Mumbai (MCGM) intends to issue a letter to Mumbai Metropolitan
Regional Development Authority (MMRDA) seeking explanation for
the burst of a water pipeline near Tardeo today.
"We will issue them a letter seeking explanation for
bursting of the pipeline as skywalk work is going on in the
area where the incident took place," a civic official said
"We will ask them to make the contractors aware about
location of the pipelines in the city, so that utmost care is
taken while carrying out such a work."
The 36-inch-wide pipeline burst this afternoon in Nana
Chowk in Tardeo, central Mumbai. "Water supply to residents of
Tardeo will be affected in the evening and those of Mumbai
Central in the morning," the official said.
MCGM had sent officials to review the situation and
once they submit thier finding only then we would be in a
position to comment on it, the official said.
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- Hundreds of protesters storm Baghdad’s Green Zone, break into Parliament
- Uttarakhand forest fire LIVE: 1500 villages under threat, govt issues alert
- Vodafone appoints six investment banks for $3billion India IPO
- China hints at retaliation against US anti-dumping probe
- In home turf in Bihar, Kanhaiya Kumar all praise for Nitish Kumar, Lalu Yadav; slams Modi govt