MCGM seeks explanation from MMRDA on water pipeline burst
Mumbai: Municipal Corporation of Greater
Mumbai (MCGM) intends to issue a letter to Mumbai Metropolitan
Regional Development Authority (MMRDA) seeking explanation for
the burst of a water pipeline near Tardeo today.
"We will issue them a letter seeking explanation for
bursting of the pipeline as skywalk work is going on in the
area where the incident took place," a civic official said
"We will ask them to make the contractors aware about
location of the pipelines in the city, so that utmost care is
taken while carrying out such a work."
The 36-inch-wide pipeline burst this afternoon in Nana
Chowk in Tardeo, central Mumbai. "Water supply to residents of
Tardeo will be affected in the evening and those of Mumbai
Central in the morning," the official said.
MCGM had sent officials to review the situation and
once they submit thier finding only then we would be in a
position to comment on it, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda