Mechanised system for Ganesh idol immersion
Thane: The Thane Municipal Corporation (TMC)
plans to introduce a mechanised system for the immersion of
big-sized Ganesh idols next year.
Thane municipal commissioner RA Rajeev, who made the
announcement on Tuesday, said, "The mechanised system would prove
speedy, safe and easy."
He said that in the recently concluded Ganesh festival,
around 40,000 idols were immersed in Thane, out of which,
around half were immersed in the artificial lakes raised by
Rajeev added that the toxicity of water in the artificial
lakes was being tested to check the pollution level.
He said that around 100 tonnes of floral waste was
collected after the festival, which will help generate around
25 tonnes of organic compost, to be used for agriculture
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt