Mechanised system for Ganesh idol immersion
Thane: The Thane Municipal Corporation (TMC)
plans to introduce a mechanised system for the immersion of
big-sized Ganesh idols next year.
Thane municipal commissioner RA Rajeev, who made the
announcement on Tuesday, said, "The mechanised system would prove
speedy, safe and easy."
He said that in the recently concluded Ganesh festival,
around 40,000 idols were immersed in Thane, out of which,
around half were immersed in the artificial lakes raised by
Rajeev added that the toxicity of water in the artificial
lakes was being tested to check the pollution level.
He said that around 100 tonnes of floral waste was
collected after the festival, which will help generate around
25 tonnes of organic compost, to be used for agriculture
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption