Mechanised system for Ganesh idol immersion
Thane: The Thane Municipal Corporation (TMC)
plans to introduce a mechanised system for the immersion of
big-sized Ganesh idols next year.
Thane municipal commissioner RA Rajeev, who made the
announcement on Tuesday, said, "The mechanised system would prove
speedy, safe and easy."
He said that in the recently concluded Ganesh festival,
around 40,000 idols were immersed in Thane, out of which,
around half were immersed in the artificial lakes raised by
Rajeev added that the toxicity of water in the artificial
lakes was being tested to check the pollution level.
He said that around 100 tonnes of floral waste was
collected after the festival, which will help generate around
25 tonnes of organic compost, to be used for agriculture
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey detains almost 300 presidential guards: Official
- SC notice to EC on procedure for unseating lawmaker upon conviction
- Communal clash in Gujarat kills one
- IAF's AN-32 transport aircraft with 29 on board goes missing; massive search operation launched
- England vs Pakistan, 2nd Test: Cook, Root tons help hosts post 314/4 on Day 1