Mechanised system for Ganesh idol immersion
Thane: The Thane Municipal Corporation (TMC)
plans to introduce a mechanised system for the immersion of
big-sized Ganesh idols next year.
Thane municipal commissioner RA Rajeev, who made the
announcement on Tuesday, said, "The mechanised system would prove
speedy, safe and easy."
He said that in the recently concluded Ganesh festival,
around 40,000 idols were immersed in Thane, out of which,
around half were immersed in the artificial lakes raised by
Rajeev added that the toxicity of water in the artificial
lakes was being tested to check the pollution level.
He said that around 100 tonnes of floral waste was
collected after the festival, which will help generate around
25 tonnes of organic compost, to be used for agriculture
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city