Mechanised system for Ganesh idol immersion
Thane: The Thane Municipal Corporation (TMC)
plans to introduce a mechanised system for the immersion of
big-sized Ganesh idols next year.
Thane municipal commissioner RA Rajeev, who made the
announcement on Tuesday, said, "The mechanised system would prove
speedy, safe and easy."
He said that in the recently concluded Ganesh festival,
around 40,000 idols were immersed in Thane, out of which,
around half were immersed in the artificial lakes raised by
Rajeev added that the toxicity of water in the artificial
lakes was being tested to check the pollution level.
He said that around 100 tonnes of floral waste was
collected after the festival, which will help generate around
25 tonnes of organic compost, to be used for agriculture
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September