Mediapersons demand ban on `Saamna`
New Delhi: A protest led by the Press Club of India on Saturday against the Shiv Sena attack on offices of IBN Lokmat asked the Election Commission to de-recognise the party and demanded a ban on it`s mouthpiece `Saamna`.
Journalists from across media networks participated in the protest organised by the PCI. Those who attended include Vinay Tewari, Managing Editor CNN-IBN, Prabal Pratap Singh and MK Jha, executive editors in IBN7, Vivian Fernandes, Economics Editor CNBC TV-18, and human rights activist Gautam Navlakha.
The journalists demanded a ban on `Saamna`. They also asked the Election Commission to de-recognise the party.
The PCI was represented by its secretary general Pushpendra and president Pervez Ahmed.
Tewari stressed the need to follow up on all cases of attacks on the media in the past few years. Prabal Pratap criticised the owning up of the attack by Shiv Sena, saying it appeared as if some militant organisation was owning up a particular terrorist attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday