Medical students seek release of degree certificates, move HC
Mumbai: A group of medical students on Thursday filed a petition in the Bombay High Court, alleging that their degree certificates have been withheld, for failing to discharge obligations under the bond. For want of the certificates, they cannot enroll for PG courses, they say.
Petitioners contend that they are entitled to take admission to postgraduate courses, as well as to get the documents, withheld by Director of Medical Education and Research.
The matter will be heard tomorrow, said petitioners` lawyer advocate Pooja Thorat.
These students have completed their MBBS course, and also the one-year internship. Thereafter, they got admission to two-year post-graduate diploma course.
They passed the diploma course this June. Now they have appeared for common entrance test held by National Board of Examination for post-graduate Diplomate of National Board (DNB) courses; and at the interviews, they will have to produce degree certificates.
The interviews are slated to take place within two or three weeks.
As per the bond which every MBBS student has to sign, he or she has to serve in rural area for one year after getting the degree.
According to petitioners, they are willing to undertake to fulfil their obligations as per the bond after the PG course is over, and High Court should direct the authorities to hand over their certificates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella India visit: Talks of transformative role of apps and services to come
- MEA official meets deceased Congolese national's family
- Good news for Rail Passengers! No service charge on ticket booked through card from June 1
- Japan keen to invest in India’s infrastructure growth story: Finance Minister
- People have figured out: Liam Hemsworth on reunion with Miley