Mega Nashik Flyover inaugurated
Nashik (Maha): Union Agriculture
Minister and NCP chief Sharad Pawar inaugurated the 6.1-km long four-lane flyover on NH-3 of Mumbai-Agra Road here today.
Speaking on the occasion, Pawar said that the flyover would save people`s time and fuel.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, PWD Minister Chhagan Bhujbal, his nephew and NCP MP from Nashik Sameer Bhujbal, MP Supriya Sule, Union Minister of State for Surface Transport and National Highways Tushar Chaudhari and others were present on the occasion.
The flyover, which was raised at a cost of Rs 980 crore, connects Pathardi-Phata and Adgaon Naka.
Its construction began on January 4, 2010.About 172 pillars were required to complete the huge flyover and total 3,500 labourers were engaged to construct it.
Chhagan Bhujbal said that since the city would be hosting the Kumbh Mela in 2016, the state government need up to speed up infrastructure work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!