Mega Nashik Flyover inaugurated
Nashik (Maha): Union Agriculture
Minister and NCP chief Sharad Pawar inaugurated the 6.1-km long four-lane flyover on NH-3 of Mumbai-Agra Road here today.
Speaking on the occasion, Pawar said that the flyover would save people`s time and fuel.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, PWD Minister Chhagan Bhujbal, his nephew and NCP MP from Nashik Sameer Bhujbal, MP Supriya Sule, Union Minister of State for Surface Transport and National Highways Tushar Chaudhari and others were present on the occasion.
The flyover, which was raised at a cost of Rs 980 crore, connects Pathardi-Phata and Adgaon Naka.
Its construction began on January 4, 2010.About 172 pillars were required to complete the huge flyover and total 3,500 labourers were engaged to construct it.
Chhagan Bhujbal said that since the city would be hosting the Kumbh Mela in 2016, the state government need up to speed up infrastructure work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Women have emotionally more intense nightmares than men
- BJP leader's son abducted by suspected ULFA militants, Rs 1cr ransom demanded
- Jio test uses commercial airwaves, but no revenue to govt: COAI
- South Africa vs New Zealand, 1st Test, Day 4: Play abandoned again in Durban
- RBL Bank's IPO oversubscribed 3 times on Day 2