Mega Nashik Flyover inaugurated
Nashik (Maha): Union Agriculture
Minister and NCP chief Sharad Pawar inaugurated the 6.1-km long four-lane flyover on NH-3 of Mumbai-Agra Road here today.
Speaking on the occasion, Pawar said that the flyover would save people`s time and fuel.
Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan, PWD Minister Chhagan Bhujbal, his nephew and NCP MP from Nashik Sameer Bhujbal, MP Supriya Sule, Union Minister of State for Surface Transport and National Highways Tushar Chaudhari and others were present on the occasion.
The flyover, which was raised at a cost of Rs 980 crore, connects Pathardi-Phata and Adgaon Naka.
Its construction began on January 4, 2010.About 172 pillars were required to complete the huge flyover and total 3,500 labourers were engaged to construct it.
Chhagan Bhujbal said that since the city would be hosting the Kumbh Mela in 2016, the state government need up to speed up infrastructure work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion