Mega national agriculture expo to be held in Nagpur from Feb 9
Nagpur: Grand preparations are underway for the mega National Agriculture Exhibition being organised to commemorate the birth centenary of former Maharashtra Chief Minster Vasantrao Naik from February 9 here.
The exhibition will be held from Feb 9-13 at the 45-acre sprawling premises of Central Institute of Cotton Research (CICR) at Panjri near here.
It is being organised by Union Agriculture Ministry in collaboration with the state government. Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar conceptualised the basic concept of this expo, according to sources.
Maharashtra Additional Chief Secretary S K Goel (Agriculture and Marketing) and Divisional Commissioner V Gopala Reddy reviewed the preparations here in a meeting yesterday.
About 400 stalls of various agro products, equipments and materials will be set up, official sources said.
About 50,000-60,000 farmers from all over the region and across the states are likely to visit the exhibition every day. Maharashtra Agriculture Minister Radhakrishna Vikhe Patil is heading the state level co-ordination committee.
The expo will provide an opportunity to government, women, farmers, researchers and entrepreneurs besides agro product manufacturers to utilise the common platform.
It will provide basic information on rain fed crops, irrigated corps, irrigation facilities and its improvements along with dairy development, fisheries, sericulture, poultry, horticulture and floricultre, the sources added.
The administration has acquired about 125 wedding halls to accommodate farmers for their stay. Also, free transport facilities will be provided by the organisers.
The first such national exhibition was organised during the regime of Agriculture Minister Punjabrao Deshmukh way back, from December 1-February 29 in 1959, Goel said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof