Mega national agriculture expo to be held in Nagpur from Feb 9
Nagpur: Grand preparations are underway for the mega National Agriculture Exhibition being organised to commemorate the birth centenary of former Maharashtra Chief Minster Vasantrao Naik from February 9 here.
The exhibition will be held from Feb 9-13 at the 45-acre sprawling premises of Central Institute of Cotton Research (CICR) at Panjri near here.
It is being organised by Union Agriculture Ministry in collaboration with the state government. Union Agriculture Minister Sharad Pawar conceptualised the basic concept of this expo, according to sources.
Maharashtra Additional Chief Secretary S K Goel (Agriculture and Marketing) and Divisional Commissioner V Gopala Reddy reviewed the preparations here in a meeting yesterday.
About 400 stalls of various agro products, equipments and materials will be set up, official sources said.
About 50,000-60,000 farmers from all over the region and across the states are likely to visit the exhibition every day. Maharashtra Agriculture Minister Radhakrishna Vikhe Patil is heading the state level co-ordination committee.
The expo will provide an opportunity to government, women, farmers, researchers and entrepreneurs besides agro product manufacturers to utilise the common platform.
It will provide basic information on rain fed crops, irrigated corps, irrigation facilities and its improvements along with dairy development, fisheries, sericulture, poultry, horticulture and floricultre, the sources added.
The administration has acquired about 125 wedding halls to accommodate farmers for their stay. Also, free transport facilities will be provided by the organisers.
The first such national exhibition was organised during the regime of Agriculture Minister Punjabrao Deshmukh way back, from December 1-February 29 in 1959, Goel said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister