Mega Sai Ashram inaugurated in Shirdi
Shirdi: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan today inaugurated the Shri Saibaba Sansthan`s Rs 165-crore housing complex here on the occasion of Gudi Padwa.
The complex, Sai Ashram, can accomodate atleast 8,000 devotees.
Speaking to reporters after the opening ceremony Chavan said that the temple town and nearby areas will developed on the lines of Nanded ahead of the Saibaba Samadhi centenary year in 2018.
He said the government will appoint a Steering Committee and will seek co-operation from Centre in this regard.
On completion of Nilwande Dam, the CM assured farmers that work on the dam canals, which came to a halt due to lack of funds will be finished taking loans and assistance from Shirdi Sansthan.
Jayant Kulkarni, District judge of Ahmednagar, who is also Chairperson of the Sansthan Trust handed over a cheque of Rs 25 crore on behalf of sansthan to the Chavan for drought-affected people in Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you