Mega Sai Ashram inaugurated in Shirdi
Shirdi: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan today inaugurated the Shri Saibaba Sansthan`s Rs 165-crore housing complex here on the occasion of Gudi Padwa.
The complex, Sai Ashram, can accomodate atleast 8,000 devotees.
Speaking to reporters after the opening ceremony Chavan said that the temple town and nearby areas will developed on the lines of Nanded ahead of the Saibaba Samadhi centenary year in 2018.
He said the government will appoint a Steering Committee and will seek co-operation from Centre in this regard.
On completion of Nilwande Dam, the CM assured farmers that work on the dam canals, which came to a halt due to lack of funds will be finished taking loans and assistance from Shirdi Sansthan.
Jayant Kulkarni, District judge of Ahmednagar, who is also Chairperson of the Sansthan Trust handed over a cheque of Rs 25 crore on behalf of sansthan to the Chavan for drought-affected people in Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Picture blast! 'Housefull3' gang gate-crashed Asin's house at midnight
- Kseeb.kar.nic.in & Karresults.nic.in KSEEB 2nd II PUC Results 2016: Karnataka Board 12th XII Class, Second II PUC Exam Results 2016 to be announced today on May 25, 2016 at 4 PM
- Online petition seeking Raghuram Rajan's 2nd term goes viral; 42,000 votes and counting
- Mahabharata’s Bhima is related to Lord Hanuman – Here’s how
- Do you remember Anupam Kher's first movie? Hint: It clocks 32 years today!