Mega Sai Ashram inaugurated in Shirdi
Shirdi: Maharashtra Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan today inaugurated the Shri Saibaba Sansthan`s Rs 165-crore housing complex here on the occasion of Gudi Padwa.
The complex, Sai Ashram, can accomodate atleast 8,000 devotees.
Speaking to reporters after the opening ceremony Chavan said that the temple town and nearby areas will developed on the lines of Nanded ahead of the Saibaba Samadhi centenary year in 2018.
He said the government will appoint a Steering Committee and will seek co-operation from Centre in this regard.
On completion of Nilwande Dam, the CM assured farmers that work on the dam canals, which came to a halt due to lack of funds will be finished taking loans and assistance from Shirdi Sansthan.
Jayant Kulkarni, District judge of Ahmednagar, who is also Chairperson of the Sansthan Trust handed over a cheque of Rs 25 crore on behalf of sansthan to the Chavan for drought-affected people in Maharashtra.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- WikiLeaks to release 'significant' material on Clinton
- Fernando Alonso praises McLaren as Honda introduce engine upgrades
- Want to get rid of nail biting habit? Try these ways!
- ''Russia pondering alternative games for banned paralympians''
- Mercury's peculiar surface a mystery no more; NASA scientists solve the puzzle!