Mend ways or face consequences: Ajit Pawar to MNS
Mumbai: Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar on Wednesday asked Raj Thackeray-led MNS to mend ways and desist from the smear campaign against NCP or face a "befitting reply".
"Some people are trying to defame NCP. If they try to attack us by doing `nautakni` (theatrics), we are ready to give a befitting reply. We have done good developmental work and that is why people are electing us", Ajit said while addressing party workers at Guhagar in coastal Ratnagiri district.
Ajit was reacting to reports of suspected MNS cadres indulging in vandalism and stone pelting in various parts of Mumbai and Thane districts through the day in the wake of NCP workers allegedly hurling stones at the convoy of Raj Thackeray at Bhingar town in western Maharashtra district last night.
"Some people are politicising the issue of Marathi pride but at the same time praising Gujarat and Bihar. It appears they are confused. Our party`s view is that people from any state can settle anywhere in country though our government ensures that rights of locals are not get affected", the deputy chief minister said.
Sharad Pawar-led NCP and MNS came face to face after Raj Thackeray, during his ongoing tour of the state, criticised Ajit Pawar and NCP for bringing upon severe drought on Marathwada region.
Meanwhile, PWD Minister and NCP leader Chhagan Bhujbal today asked the party workers to stay away from violence.
"We will counter Raj Thackeray by giving him a reply through public meetings. Nobody should try to take law in their hands," Bhujbal told reporters.
Leader of Opposition in Legislative Assembly Eknath Khadse said political criticism should be done observing restraint.
"If anybody tries to violate law, strict action should be taken against that person", he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Gujjars revive agitation for 5% quota in jobs, block rail track
- Manthan: Expert's tips to avoid stomach gas, constipation
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced