Mentally challenged girl raped in Mumbra
Mumbai: A 24-year-old man was arrested for raping a 17-year-old mentally challenged girl in Mumbra.
The culprit who works as a welder in a shop in the same building as the victim took the girl to the jungle near the Mumbra bypass road and raped her.
The accused, Mohammed Rizwan Shaikh (24), a resident of Amrut nagar in Mumbra, was remanded in police custody till September 12. “The culprit knew that the girl is mentally challenged. So, he took the victim to the jungle near the Mumbra bypass road and raped her,” said PW Javle of the Mumbra police station.
The arrest was made after the girl returned home and narrated the incident to her mother.
The Mumbra police have registered a case under Sections 376 and 506 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
DNA/ Faisal Tandel
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- 26/11 Mumbai attack case: Pak court sends terror financier to judicial custody, snubs investigators
- It's OUT! Love happens at fourth sight, not first
- China warns India over deployment of BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- Switch to high speed 4G Jio, stop using Vodafone, Airtel: Reliance to employees
- PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Jitu Rai to receive Khel Ratna awards