Mentally challenged girl raped in Mumbra
Mumbai: A 24-year-old man was arrested for raping a 17-year-old mentally challenged girl in Mumbra.
The culprit who works as a welder in a shop in the same building as the victim took the girl to the jungle near the Mumbra bypass road and raped her.
The accused, Mohammed Rizwan Shaikh (24), a resident of Amrut nagar in Mumbra, was remanded in police custody till September 12. “The culprit knew that the girl is mentally challenged. So, he took the victim to the jungle near the Mumbra bypass road and raped her,” said PW Javle of the Mumbra police station.
The arrest was made after the girl returned home and narrated the incident to her mother.
The Mumbra police have registered a case under Sections 376 and 506 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
DNA/ Faisal Tandel
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur