Mentally challenged girl raped in Mumbra
Mumbai: A 24-year-old man was arrested for raping a 17-year-old mentally challenged girl in Mumbra.
The culprit who works as a welder in a shop in the same building as the victim took the girl to the jungle near the Mumbra bypass road and raped her.
The accused, Mohammed Rizwan Shaikh (24), a resident of Amrut nagar in Mumbra, was remanded in police custody till September 12. “The culprit knew that the girl is mentally challenged. So, he took the victim to the jungle near the Mumbra bypass road and raped her,” said PW Javle of the Mumbra police station.
The arrest was made after the girl returned home and narrated the incident to her mother.
The Mumbra police have registered a case under Sections 376 and 506 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
DNA/ Faisal Tandel
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured