Mentally challenged girl raped in Mumbra
Mumbai: A 24-year-old man was arrested for raping a 17-year-old mentally challenged girl in Mumbra.
The culprit who works as a welder in a shop in the same building as the victim took the girl to the jungle near the Mumbra bypass road and raped her.
The accused, Mohammed Rizwan Shaikh (24), a resident of Amrut nagar in Mumbra, was remanded in police custody till September 12. “The culprit knew that the girl is mentally challenged. So, he took the victim to the jungle near the Mumbra bypass road and raped her,” said PW Javle of the Mumbra police station.
The arrest was made after the girl returned home and narrated the incident to her mother.
The Mumbra police have registered a case under Sections 376 and 506 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
DNA/ Faisal Tandel
- Rajdeep Sardesai's exit from Twitter: REVEALED - Actual reason behind the journalist's walkout!
- REVEALED: Outdoing Virat Kohli makes AB de Villiers 'proud' - Here's why!
- Birthday special: Anushka Sharma is the selfie queen of Bollywood! Here's a proof
- UNBELIEVABLE! CEO of Baba Ramdev's Patanjali Ayurved works for 15 hours/day but takes no salary!
- Technology has opened up our cinema to everybody: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan