Mentally challenged woman gang-raped
A mentally challenged and aurally impaired woman was gang-raped by four men in Kopargaon on September 4. While a complaint has been registered in this regard, no arrests have been made yet.
The police said that the victim was abducted from her residence in Jevur Phata village near Kopargaon when she had come out of the house to answer nature’s call. She was taken to a farm around one kilometre from her house and gang-raped by four persons. She was left in a semi-conscious state after the crime.
The victim’s sister informed the police about the incident. Sniffer squad’s dog, Santosh, was deployed at service. It smelled a bicycle and a slippers of the suspects and the traced the spot where a bangle of the victim was found.
As the woman was unable to speak, she wrote down all the information for the police. The woman was admitted to civil hospital in Ahmednagar where medical tests confirmed that she was raped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions