Mentally challenged woman gang-raped
A mentally challenged and aurally impaired woman was gang-raped by four men in Kopargaon on September 4. While a complaint has been registered in this regard, no arrests have been made yet.
The police said that the victim was abducted from her residence in Jevur Phata village near Kopargaon when she had come out of the house to answer nature’s call. She was taken to a farm around one kilometre from her house and gang-raped by four persons. She was left in a semi-conscious state after the crime.
The victim’s sister informed the police about the incident. Sniffer squad’s dog, Santosh, was deployed at service. It smelled a bicycle and a slippers of the suspects and the traced the spot where a bangle of the victim was found.
As the woman was unable to speak, she wrote down all the information for the police. The woman was admitted to civil hospital in Ahmednagar where medical tests confirmed that she was raped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users