Mentally unstable man murdered in Thane; one held
Thane (Maharashtra): A 45-year-old mentally unstable tribal man was allegedly killed by a resident of Poman village in the district following an altercation between them, police said today.
The incident had taken place on December 8 in Poman, police said, adding that after the murder, the accused had dumped the victim`s body in a pit at a village farm, which was recovered yesterday.
The victim, Kamlakar Mokashi had gatecrashed into the house of the accused Dashrath Gurukudu (35), Police Sub-Inspector P A Pawar of Valiv Police station said.
"Soon, an altercation broke out between the two. First, Mokashi hit the accused, who then bashed the victim to death with a log of wood," Pawar said.
The accused then dragged the body and dumped it in a pit at a village farm and covered the body with leaves.
Meanwhile, Mokashi`s family members, who had filed a missing person`s report with the police, landed in Poman in search. After a thorough hunt, they came across a highly-decomposed body and informed the police, who rushed to the site and sent it for post-mortem.
Police detained Gurukudu on suspicion, who first gave evasive answers during the interrogation, but later admitted his crime.
The accused was arrested by Valiv police and he was booked under sections 302 (murder) and 201 (causing disappearance of evidence) of the IPC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!