Merchant vessel Pavit`s route still remains untrac
Mumbai: Shipping authorities here have still not traced the route that merchant vessel M V Pavit followed to reach Mumbai following unfavourable weather conditions.
The grounded oil tanker drifted from Oman coast to the city`s Juhu-Versova beach in July last year.
According to officials, they failed to trace the route because of the weather conditions between June-August and said the route will always remain a "mystery".
"We wanted to reconstruct the route with the help of satellite imagery, but at that time monsoon was prevalent and the entire area was covered with clouds. We are, therefore, not successful in tracing the route," said an official from the Directorate General of Shipping.
Also, no one even spotted this vessel drifting or else we would have alerted concerned authorities, the official said.
After the vessel ran aground at Juhu, an investigation was launched to ascertain the cause of it getting adrift unmanned to the shores of Mumbai.
The ship had started drifting off Oman coast on June 29 due to engine failure and ingress of water in the engine room.
All the 13 Indian crew members were rescued by a warship before it finally ran aground on July 31. The ship was later moved to Dabhol Port.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL