MES activists stage protest, taken into custody
Belgaum: About 50 activists of Maharashtra Ekikaran Samiti were taken into custody when they staged a protest here against the inauguration of the second legislature complex, `Suvarna Vidhana Soudha` by President Pranab Mukherjee tomorrow.
The activists were taken into custody when they staged a protest in Bogarve, protesting against the inauguration, police said.
Political parties in Maharashtra have objected to the inauguration, citing the boundary dispute between Karnataka and its neighbouring state.
Maharashtra claims Belgaum belongs to it but Karnataka has maintained the issue had been settled long time ago when the central-government appointed Mahajan Commission in its August 1967 report categorically stated the city was part of Karnataka.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- It's a Black Hole Friday for NASA!
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife