MGP to continue alliance with BJP in LS polls
Panaji: Rubbishing rumours of withdrawing from the BJP-led Goa government, its ally Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party has said that it will continue with the alliance in the Lok Sabha elections.
The party will be with the BJP during Lok Sabha polls, MGP`s senior leader and minister in Parrikar cabinet, Ramakrishna Dhavalikar told reporters here last evening.
"We are in alliance with BJP and it will continue," he said.
The leaders of both the parties will sit and discuss strategy for next Lok Sabha elections before deciding on the candidates, for the two Lok Sabha constituencies in Goa.
"Whatever are the strategies for the party or decision on the candidate, it will be taken by both the party leaders," he said.
Dhavalikar rubbished rumours that his party was contemplating to withdraw from the government to form an alternate alliance and claim for power in the state.
"I am not interested in such games. I am not interested in becoming Chief Minister. Right now the government under Manohar Parrikar is doing fairly well," he said.
MGP had entered into an alliance with the BJP before the state Assembly elections last year. The party currently has three legislators in the Goa House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez