MGP to continue alliance with BJP in LS polls
Panaji: Rubbishing rumours of withdrawing from the BJP-led Goa government, its ally Maharashtrawadi Gomantak Party has said that it will continue with the alliance in the Lok Sabha elections.
The party will be with the BJP during Lok Sabha polls, MGP`s senior leader and minister in Parrikar cabinet, Ramakrishna Dhavalikar told reporters here last evening.
"We are in alliance with BJP and it will continue," he said.
The leaders of both the parties will sit and discuss strategy for next Lok Sabha elections before deciding on the candidates, for the two Lok Sabha constituencies in Goa.
"Whatever are the strategies for the party or decision on the candidate, it will be taken by both the party leaders," he said.
Dhavalikar rubbished rumours that his party was contemplating to withdraw from the government to form an alternate alliance and claim for power in the state.
"I am not interested in such games. I am not interested in becoming Chief Minister. Right now the government under Manohar Parrikar is doing fairly well," he said.
MGP had entered into an alliance with the BJP before the state Assembly elections last year. The party currently has three legislators in the Goa House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know