MHADA chief vigilance officer moves HC to get FIR quashed
Mumbai: The Chief Vigilance Officer of
Maharashtra Housing And Area Development Authority (MHADA) and
a junior vigilance officer have moved the Bombay High Court to
get a complaint of extortion against them quashed.
The Borivali magistrate`s court in February directed
the police to register offence against MHADA`s Chief Vigilance
Officer Jawahar Singh and Vigilance Officer Deepak Shinde.
The magistrate`s order came upon a private complaint
filed by one Phiroz Khan.
As per the petition filed by Singh and Shinde, Khan
filed a false complaint of extortion against them.
In 2009, as per the petition, Singh`s office received
at least four complaints against Khan. In one complaint, it
had been alleged that Khan sold off a plot allotted to one
Shivangi Khanolkar without her knowledge.
Other three complaints were of similar nature.
Singh then forwarded these complaints to respective
police stations and Khan was arrested.
Later, Khan alleged that one Shadab Mehdi approached
him when in jail, and said that cases against Khan would be
withdrawn if he paid Rs 11 lakh to Singh and others.
Khan then approached Magistrate against Singh and
Shinde, alleging extortion. Magistrate ordered investigation.
As per the petition, Khan`s allegations were false,
and magistrate should not have entertained them. Petition will
be heard by High Court on May 4.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says