MIAL completes reconstruction of secondary runway at CSIA
Mumbai: Mumbai International Airport
Limited (MIAL), on Saturday said that it has completed the
re-carpeting and reconstruction of the secondary runway at
the city`s Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (CSIA).
"MIAL has completed the re-carpeting and
reconstruction of runway 14/32 (Secondary Runway) at Mumbai
Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (CSIA)," a press
release said here.
This project which is a part of the overall
modernisation process of the CSIA was completed in just over
six-months, it said.
"The completion of the reconstruction of the secondary
runway is part of our overall master plan for modernisation of
CSIA, which took extensive planning and co-ordination
amongst various agencies," MIAL`s Managing Director, GV Sanjay
With a smoother surface, the runway also sports a new
and advanced lighting system providing better visibility for
landing aircraft, the release said.
The runway shoulders on either side have been widened
from 7.5-meters to 15-meters, thus making it compatible for
operations by Code F aircraft such as the A380, it said.
Five new taxiways including two new rapid exit
taxiways have also been constructed along the secondary
runway to improve the overall efficiency and reduce runway
occupation time, the release said.
A Runway End Safety Area (RESA) has also been created
along runway 32.
With the completion of reconstruction work, both the
runways at CSIA will now be available once again for
simultaneous operations, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing