MIAL completes reconstruction of secondary runway at CSIA
Mumbai: Mumbai International Airport
Limited (MIAL), on Saturday said that it has completed the
re-carpeting and reconstruction of the secondary runway at
the city`s Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (CSIA).
"MIAL has completed the re-carpeting and
reconstruction of runway 14/32 (Secondary Runway) at Mumbai
Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (CSIA)," a press
release said here.
This project which is a part of the overall
modernisation process of the CSIA was completed in just over
six-months, it said.
"The completion of the reconstruction of the secondary
runway is part of our overall master plan for modernisation of
CSIA, which took extensive planning and co-ordination
amongst various agencies," MIAL`s Managing Director, GV Sanjay
With a smoother surface, the runway also sports a new
and advanced lighting system providing better visibility for
landing aircraft, the release said.
The runway shoulders on either side have been widened
from 7.5-meters to 15-meters, thus making it compatible for
operations by Code F aircraft such as the A380, it said.
Five new taxiways including two new rapid exit
taxiways have also been constructed along the secondary
runway to improve the overall efficiency and reduce runway
occupation time, the release said.
A Runway End Safety Area (RESA) has also been created
along runway 32.
With the completion of reconstruction work, both the
runways at CSIA will now be available once again for
simultaneous operations, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport