MIAL completes reconstruction of secondary runway at CSIA
Mumbai: Mumbai International Airport
Limited (MIAL), on Saturday said that it has completed the
re-carpeting and reconstruction of the secondary runway at
the city`s Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (CSIA).
"MIAL has completed the re-carpeting and
reconstruction of runway 14/32 (Secondary Runway) at Mumbai
Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport (CSIA)," a press
release said here.
This project which is a part of the overall
modernisation process of the CSIA was completed in just over
six-months, it said.
"The completion of the reconstruction of the secondary
runway is part of our overall master plan for modernisation of
CSIA, which took extensive planning and co-ordination
amongst various agencies," MIAL`s Managing Director, GV Sanjay
With a smoother surface, the runway also sports a new
and advanced lighting system providing better visibility for
landing aircraft, the release said.
The runway shoulders on either side have been widened
from 7.5-meters to 15-meters, thus making it compatible for
operations by Code F aircraft such as the A380, it said.
Five new taxiways including two new rapid exit
taxiways have also been constructed along the secondary
runway to improve the overall efficiency and reduce runway
occupation time, the release said.
A Runway End Safety Area (RESA) has also been created
along runway 32.
With the completion of reconstruction work, both the
runways at CSIA will now be available once again for
simultaneous operations, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections