Milind Deora disagrees with Maharashtra govt`s rejection of Adarsh probe report
New Delhi: Union Minister Milind Deora on Tuesday disagreed with Maharashtra government`s rejection of the judicial commission of inquiry report on Adarsh Housing scam which indicted several politicians including three former Chief Ministers for "blatant violations".
"If the Adarsh Committee report raises questions, we should investigate, answer them & not be hush!," Deora tweeted.
A political controversy has erupted over the decision of the Congress-NCP government to reject the report which said Adarsh society enjoyed political patronage of former Chief Ministers, Vilasrao Deshmukh, Sushilkumar Shinde and Ashok Chavan, former Revenue Minister Shivajirao Nlengekar Patil, former Minister for Urban Development Sunil Tatkare and former Minister of Urban Development Rajesh Tope.
Deora`s remarks are significant as the issue had given the opposition an ammunition to attack Congress over the issue of corruption.
The Union Minister had earlier tweeted against the government`s decision to bring an Ordinance on convicted lawmakers, which was finally withdrawn after Rahul Gandhi had publicly trashed it.
Deora`s remarks were then seen as having made with the consent of the party high command as the young minister is stated to be close to Rahul Gandhi.
"Legalities aside, allowing convicted MPs/MLAs 2 retain seats in the midst of an appeal can endanger already eroding public faith in democracy," Deora had then commented on the microblogging site Twitter.
Soon after Rahul Gandhi had attacked the Ordiance moved by the Centre on negating the Supreme Court verdict on lawmakers and termed it as "complete nonsense" and one that should be "torn and thrown away", the legal measure was withdrawn.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani